Part of an A-Z series to provide students with a subject-specific glossary to support them throughout their IB Diploma study, this A-Z for English A: Literature and Language & Literature specifically offers help with:
- learning and engaging with essential subject-specific terminology for English A
- understanding assessment language and how to interpret command term language in their English A studies
- writing academic essays and preparing oral presentations.
- More than 1000 entries of key words and phrases specific to students’ studies in IB Diploma English Literature and English Language & Literature.
- Entries are clearly defined and presented in the context of their study of English Literature and Language & Literature.
- Examples are provided within the context of their Diploma studies, so it’s easy for students to transfer use of the vocabulary to their own oral presentations or essays.
- Definitions include literary examples where relevant – all taken from commonly-read IB Diploma texts to help reinforce students’ learning.
- Written in clear English so that it is easy to use by students working independently – a useful reference when a teacher is not available.
- Ideal for students whose home language is not English but who are working towards native speaker level in an English-medium environment.
A to Z English A