Part of an A-Z series to provide students with a subject-specific glossary to support them throughout their IB Diploma study, this A-Z for English B specifically offers help with:
- learning and engaging with appropriate and varied vocabulary in topic-by-topic lists.
- practising and extending their vocabulary.
- developing extended writing.
- supporting speaking skills, particularly oral presentations and discussions as part of the internal assessment.
More than 2000 entries of key vocabulary and phrases relevant to the five prescribed themes and sub-topics of the IB Diploma.
- Up-to-date vocabulary and idiomatic language covering all text types.
- Suggested phrases to support preparation for the individual oral assessment.
- Model phrases focussing on grammatical or language features encourage students to transfer language between topics.
- Vocabulary-building practice activities to help students engage with the nuance of meaning.
- Suitable for both Higher and Standard level.